Growing up in Northern Ireland Russell was deeply interested in people, in behaviour and in how groups worked. Russell would be known to return from family shopping trips with books on psychology that were beyond his reading age. And his tendency towards curiosity sometimes got him into trouble. His curiosity has not been cured. And he is still known to buy books beyond his reading age!
Today Russell’s experiences across human development, systems-thinking, psychotherapy and corporate life have resourced him to become a trusted development partner to some of the world’s most interesting leaders, teams and organisations.
"An excellent facilitator who not only knows his stuff but you see it naturally demonstrated in every interaction you have with him."
Jo Craig, Talent & Development Partner, Barclays Bank
Russell’s key accreditations and qualifications include:
- BA Honours degree, Human Resource Management.
- Postgraduate certificate in Psychodynamic approaches (Oxford University, achieved with distinction).
- Certificate in Group Analysis.
- Accredited as an APECS Executive Coach, and previously ICF accredited in 2012
- CIPD qualified.
Russell’s career experience includes:
- JPMorgan Chase (6yrs).
- Accenture (3 yrs).
- United Utilities, Whitbread & Virgin Media consulting (1 yr).
- BP, Leadership & Organisation Development Consulting (1.5 yrs).
- Rolls-Royce, Executive Development and Coaching consultant (1.5 yrs)
- Executive Development for the world’s highest performing (and most highly disrupted) global organisations, and in high performance sport including Formula One & Formula-E racing and Premiership Rugby (11+ yrs).
"Russell asks questions that no one else thinks of, challenges conventional thinking and moves you (and the organisation) to a new desired place. Russell has high emotional intelligence and can see through cultural and personal barriers - he finds ways to unlock these and inspire confidence and forward thinking."
Natalie Sigona, Diversity & Inclusion Consultant, Rolls-Royce
Russell’s Clients include:
- HIGH PERFORMANCE SPORT: Formula 1 and Formula-E racing, (English) Premiership Rugby, London Olympics legacy programme
- TECHNOLOGY: Facebook, Cisco Systems, Qualcomm, Salesforce.com, Konica Minolta, Viva
- PHARMACEUTICALS: Astellas, Celgene, Amgen
- ENERGY: BP, Kuwait Petroleum, United Utilities
- ENGINEERING: Rolls-Royce, Wesco
- FINANCIAL SERVICES: Barclays, GE Capital, UBS Investment Bank, American Express, QBE Insurance
- MEDIA: BBC Worldwide, Virgin Media, LoveFilm
- HOSPITALITY: Whitbread.